Paph. hangianum 'Wellington's Forest View' AM/AOS in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
Here it is in bloom two years after its first bloom. I'm not sure what would have caused the dent on the side of the pouch (heat and lower humidity this summer?) but the fragrance is just how I remember it.

266C06F4-CC9E-4483-8487-1641FC4B1134.jpeg

Attachments

• 9A248339-DC7D-43A8-BDCC-30C4044A2F1B.jpeg
    9A248339-DC7D-43A8-BDCC-30C4044A2F1B.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 15
  • E4918C82-9E0D-4725-A923-0F751FFDB042.jpeg
    E4918C82-9E0D-4725-A923-0F751FFDB042.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 15
Hint, you can reach inside the pouch with a Q-tip and push it out. :)
I tried, very gently, but it didn't make much of a difference. Maybe I should have pushed harder but was afraid to damage it. I can live with the dimple.

Lovely! Wish mine would bloom in the not too far foreseen future!

I can live with the dimple.
That's the spirit! As you have seen it without the dimple, you can rest assured, that this is not due to a genetic deficency - just relax and love it, as we as parents love our children, even when they are at their most teenagerish and their faces filled with dimples, spots and what not! ;)

Kind regards,
Jens

Lovely! Wish mine would bloom in the not too far foreseen future!

That's the spirit! As you have seen it without the dimple, you can rest assured, that this is not due to a genetic deficency - just relax and love it, as we as parents love our children, even when they are at their most teenagerish and their faces filled with dimples, spots and what not! ;)

Kind regards,
Jens
That's a great analogy! I hope yours blooms for you soon too.

Thanks everyone! It is indeed a rare sight just because it takes them so darn long to bloom! I think the dent formed because the developing bud was resting on the edge of the leaf below it. The buds are so big and heavy and hang down before the inflorescence grows enough to hold it up. (Just my observation based on the two times I've bloomed this plant). At any rate the bloom itself is a bit larger than two years ago when it was awarded so here's hoping I can keep it going for a third bloom with no dents.

Back