Paph hainanense flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now?:p I got 36 seedlings from one flask.

gzDPP9kl.jpg

Hehehehehehe!!!

Happy growing them!!! :D

Yes I did, Marie will send it to me in May. Its still fu**ing snowing here. Thank you. Did you get my email about the Magic Lantern alba?

They look great! I would/could never grow so many seedlings of the same species... No room and no energy. :p

Update

It's been a while since I updated. They are still growing. How big are these guys before they are blooming size?

K666d7g.jpg

I take it those are 2 inch pots. So some are pushing 5-6" span?

You may get some blooming between the 2nd and 3rd year out of flask at this rate.:clap:

Yes! 5-6 inches leaf span. Hopefully this March. It will be 2 years this coming July 2014.

Eggshells

I purchased a flask of these in October of 2011 from Fox Valley and have one in bud right now. The leaf span is just over 9 inches and it is growing in a 2 inch pot. You don't have long to wait.

Mike

Good job. If the weather doesn't get better where you live I may have to wait until Summer or come up there personally to deliver plants to you. :p

Eggshells

I purchased a flask of these in October of 2011 from Fox Valley and have one in bud right now. The leaf span is just over 9 inches and it is growing in a 2 inch pot. You don't have long to wait.

Mike

I have always thought that they were small plants. Wow at 9" leafspan. I measure some plants and the biggest ones are 7"...

Good job. If the weather doesn't get better where you live I may have to wait until Summer or come up there personally to deliver plants to you. :p

Even better!

Here are the delenatii that I was raising. I gave away most of it because they were taking so much space. Paph. emersonii took their place. (right back side)

LfAIGrN.jpg

11/01/14

Here is an update on these guys. Its been 2 years (and some months) since I deflasked this and grew these guys. Given away some and still ended up with a few. Really robust species and did not lose a single seedling so I feel that it is a good starter flask.

Though I feel that I lost some months when I individually compotted them. Next time I deflask. I will leave them in a compot as long as possible.

Man, I hope I wont jinx this but one is finally growing a bud.

Photo%20Nov%2001%2C%208%2026%2050%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2001%2C%208%2027%2007%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2001%2C%208%2029%2033%20AM.jpg

Latest posts

Back