Paph hainanense flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update 07.25.12

Seedlings grew their second leaf since my last post. I may have planted the compot too deep in the pot. I estimate that in another 3 months they will fill the pots and they will be bumping the sides. I'm really not keen on disturbing them but I may not have any other choice.

7644158044_f61d6df67c_b.jpg

they look pretty happy as they are...i bet they are enjoying the little microclimate. congrats on your success they look quite excellent.

Update 01.24.13

Doing much better compared to the last picture update (they were a bit pale) due to nutrition issues I think. I changed a few stuff and added some slow release pellets. Colour is much better for my liking now and the increase in size. Most are 4 - 5 inches (10-13cm). Pot size is 6" for scale.

ih6A5b1l.jpg

Looks great. What all did you change?

Billy, I changed the main source of N. I'm now using a fertilizer with higher ammoniacal to nitrates ratio and have some urea in it. Also added a few nutricote pellets. I think that this is the best for my plants since my water has a lot of calcium carbonates and mg.

Great looking, would like to find seedlings of equal quality here in europe.... keep us updated, its nice to watch them growing!

Now that is like night and day eggshells. Big difference, you can't deny those results. They llok so happy and healthy. Way to go.

Latest posts

Back