Paph guangdongense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
One of the latest additions to the ever increasing group of barbigerum-related species from southern China and surrounds.
I'm glad these were exported from China as seed-grown plants.

They were sold as Paph. gratrixianum var. guangdongense, which was plausible because the authors of the taxon included a limited molecular study in their paper, which indicated a close relationship between guangdongense and gratrixianum.
I find it looks more similar to barbigerum, despite the wide petals which indicate a relationship to gratrixianum. The plant itself is a little larger than barbigerum or coccineum.
I like the pastel-coloured flowers a lot.

Attachments

• Paph guangdongense.JPG
    Paph guangdongense.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Paph guangdongense2.JPG
    Paph guangdongense2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 87
Very nice! What size is that pot? Maybe it's the perspective but it looks ridiculously tiny.

Very nice! What size is that pot? Maybe it's the perspective but it looks ridiculously tiny.

Pot size is 5,5 cm. As troy observed, it has a good plant to flower ratio.

The reference in the flora of china is here
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=250095914

This species has been offered by Hengduan Mts. Biotech in 2012 and 2013. I hope they have another seedling batch coming along since this cutie is well worth the little space it takes up, I think.

I love the soft colors and the look of the plant in general.
How do you ever get the pot to stay upright????

It is sitting in a tray where its neighbors hold it. Otherwise it does fall over, that's why my fingers are in the pics.

Thanks all for your nice comments!

Latest posts

Back