Paph Greyi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super small round little lady! Purchased from Orchid Dynasty.
b84d06e48dd57e8646a2722c78d87d2375163b7e.jpg

Cute ! I guess it is not niveum x godefroyae but thaianum x godefroyae.
Why? The green staminode and the small flower would fit.
Nevertheless beautiful.

I like this lovely flower especially its green staminode.

.....I guess it is not niveum x godefroyae but thaianum x godefroyae. Why? The green staminode and the small flower would fit.......

Werner, not necessarily. There are P. godefroay with yellow as well as with green markings on the staminode. As to the size I grow P. Greyii too and its flower size is closer to P. niveum than to P. godefroyae. I wouldn't question it to be a normal P. Greyii (P. niveum x P. godefroyae).

just thoughts , but I would like to see a picture of a godefroyae with green staminode, Rudolf.

I have only ang-thong,

just thoughts , but I would like to see a picture of a godefroyae with green staminode, Rudolf.
I have only ang-thong,

No not just thoughts, Werner. Here it is, a photo of my late Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum with green markings on the staminode. I wouldn't claim such things without experience or any kind of evidence. (I hope, merc will pardon me, that I captured his thread with my photo).
paph_leucochilum.jpg

Last edited:
No not just thoughts, Werner. Here it is, a photo of my late Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum with green markings on the staminode. I wouldn't claim such things without experience or any kind of evidence. (I hope, merc will pardon me, that I captured his thread with my photo).
paph_leucochilum.jpg

did you use a paintbrush or a very fine tipped marker?....

hahahahahah sorry... too much caffeine this morning <self entertainment> :)

thank you , Rudolf. Never seen before ! And about the thoughts , thoughts were on my side.

will be looking for another one in the next blooming season.

TBH I was also surprised by the green staminode.
thank you , Rudolf. Never seen before !.....

P. godefroyae var. leucochilum with green markings on the staminode aren't that uncommon as you may think. Some photos more you can find in the image section of Stephen Manza's site Slipperorchids, for excample C. Strömpl, Marcus Tan, Donna Phillips and Ross Hella. I don't know whether its only a phenomenon which occurs only with var. leucochilum or not?

Latest posts

Back