Paph gratrixianum 'Purple Devil' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I got this division last year and was surprised to find it in spike already, since the two growths with spikes are new since I bought it. I'm not really sure whether the dorsal sepal on this is open all the way yet, but I thought I might as well take some photos now :) The second spike hasn't emerged from the crown yet, so I didn't bother trying to get a photo of it.

Anyway, here it is:

paph-gratrixianumpd1.jpg

paph-gratrixianumpd2.jpg

And a close up....

paph-gratrixianumpd3.jpg

Hope you like it!

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Thanks everyone :)

For NYEric and cdub, here's a whole plant shot of sorts. I didn't get the entire leaf span in (or the photo would have been mostly black), but it did get the leaf shape and color, and the spotting around the base of the leaves. The leaf-span on this plant is approximately 16".

paph-gratrixianumpd4.jpg

I'll post a 3D shortly.

- Matt

I think thats a pretty good gratrix flower Matt. Fairly wide elements compared to allot I've seen.

I think mine is in early spike too but it has a history of blasting.

Oh Boy! I was waiting for some one to raise the 'affine' question. It looks like all my gratrixianums in plant form and flower, I am still unsure if I should relabel them all.
Nice plant and well formed bloom

Latest posts

Back