Paph. gratrixianum 'Orion'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9437.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

Paph. gratrixianum, it is very easy to grow here.
It looks good, but......

01040004.jpg

01040005.jpg

But, two years ago when I bogugnt it, the color on dorsal was different!
What happened?

could be because the temperature was different.
do you know if it was grown cooler or warmer than last year?

A friend bought it for me from Bangkok, much warmer than Taiwan where I live.

Could the redder color come as the flower ages? how old are the new blooms now? when you got it last yr, was that an older more mature bloom?

Could the redder color come as the flower ages? how old are the new blooms now? when you got it last yr, was that an older more mature bloom?

it could be, but in this case, i don't think so. i don't really have any good reason why, i just kinda have a feeling about.
i don't know if the flower will fade to white as it ages but i don't think so either.

I would not have suspected these pics showing flowers of one and the same plant :drool:!!! But IMO the actual blooms are great in shape in coloring!!! Jean

Hello Chien...

In most circumstances it is higher light levels which bring out an increase in anthocyanin display of flowers. Seldom do temperatures have that effect. Seeing the differences in your two photos is a good example of how this is observed.

Remember how you shade your green Cymbidium flowers in order to keep them so "clean" and the color so pure.

Nice plant.

Back