Paph gratrixianum 'Geyserland' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
The spikes seem to get taller every year. Unfortunately, the flowers opened up in all directions.

gratrixianum%202019.jpg

gratrixianum%202019%202.jpg

The flowers might "open[...] up in all directions", but, by Jove, how gorgeous they are! And what a well grown plant. Congrats!

Might one ask, where you got hold of the plant?

(Although, considering the geographical distance between our locations, I'm not too optimistisc of getting hold of a 'sib' or 'x self' of this splendid cultivar... but what does one say: where there is a pulse, there is hope! :cool:)

Kind regards,
Jens

The flowers might "open[...] up in all directions", but, by Jove, how gorgeous they are! And what a well grown plant. Congrats!

Might one ask, where you got hold of the plant?

(Although, considering the geographical distance between our locations, I'm not too optimistisc of getting hold of a 'sib' or 'x self' of this splendid cultivar... but what does one say: where there is a pulse, there is hope! :cool:)

Kind regards,
Jens

Thanks Jens. Yes, it is a special clone this one.

I bought it as a division from an orchid nursery here called Robertson Orchids for just $25. The clone itself originated from New Zealand (Papa Aroha Orchids). This clone has become quite widespread. There is a photo of it at a Japanese show.

I actually selfed this plant a couple of years back. These are the seedlings Stephen (OZPaph) is referring too. I literally have hundreds of these seedlings I am trying to get rid of. They are very vigorous growers. It is a pity I can't send them to you easily.

Back