Paph graetrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Love the blue-purple pigment in the dorsal. I hope mine are that nice!

No, I don't know the parentage. I got the plant from Marlow :)() last spring and learned about growing conditions but not parentage. Unfortunately, the label in the pot was wrong (or I mixed them up). It says "Paph. vejvaruntlanum x sib). Based on photos I found, that's clearly not right.

Rich

Unfortunately, the label in the pot was wrong (or I mixed them up). It says "Paph. vejvaruntlanum x sib). Based on photos I found, that's clearly not right.
You are so right: definately not vejvarutianum - and I'm 100% with you in your identification of the plant as gratrixianum (as I think most will be in these pages). And a very nice one on top of that! ;) Kind regards, Jens

I wish I could take credit for "identifying" it. I ordered a gratrixianum and that's what I was told it was when I picked it up. I noticed the label when I took the photo yesterday. In my message earlier, I intended to put a frowning emoticon next to "Marlow", since it's such a good local resource that we're losing here. But, at least on my screen, it now displays as a smile.

This is a lovely P. gratrixianum and yes, I like these with a lot of purple pigmentation in the dorsal, too. Congrats

Last edited:
Wow that’s a really pretty dorsal. I have three seedlings of this species that came as a freebie compot. Didn’t have much hope for them as they each had one broken root but they’ve taken off and now, thanks to you, I’m excited to see what they do! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back