Paph. godfroyae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Awhile ago, in another thread, I mentioned that if there were two buds close together, one way of separating them so they open better was to put a cotton-ball in between them. I did that on this plant. You can see it's effect by the amount of bend in the stems:

Paph_godfroyae-10-top.jpg

Paph_godfroyae-10.jpg

Those are good looking flowers Dot.

We need Matt Gores 360 degree photo system for this blooming:clap::clap:

:drool::drool: Thanks one heck of a well grown brachy!!! :drool::drool:
Wow - super job growing that beauty. Is it a leucochilum though? e-spice
Refresh my memory, leucochilum is not a variety of godfroyae? Due to no spots on pouch?

Very nice shape and colour and just amazing how the pouchs were missed with the spotting .

...So when do you start putting the cotton in there? I have a complex with three stems and 6 buds. I'd like to try what you did.
Fairly soon after the buds are almost formed, at least a week before they start opening. If you wait too long, it won't give the stem enough time to adjust. Too soon and you might break the bud off.

Refresh my memory, leucochilum is not a variety of godfroyae? Due to no spots on pouch?
According or slipperorchids.info, leucochilum is a variety of godfroyae, "variety easily differentiated by the pure white lip."

So I guess I had better adjust the label to say "godfroyae var. leucochilum."

Thanks for the heads-up, e-spice and Rose!

Latest posts

Back