Paph godefroyae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!! I think it is small
shape, pattern, color are probably a lot more important than size, this one is perfect in shape, the cream background are wonderful and the blue purple pattern distributes nicely. It deserves a spot in the collection. Is this one from a Thai breeding or US breeding?

I found the tag it is godefroyae 'bleeding heart' x 'goldfish' it is 3.5 inches tip to tip 3 inches bottom of pouch to top of sepal...I ordered 2 from popow that are suppose to be big

I found the tag it is godefroyae 'bleeding heart' x 'goldfish' it is 3.5 inches tip to tip 3 inches bottom of pouch to top of sepal...I ordered 2 from popow that are suppose to be big
3.5 inches=8.89. That is not small.
These are Thai breeding, they were on the market in bloom in 2016. So far I saw 3 crosses in the US. Quite a few US sellers have them now.
1) "Bleeding Heart" x "Gold Fish" they are ok size, I have one with horizontal nature spread 10 cm, the other one is 8.5 cm , With prominent stripes, their shape seem to spread out like starfish.
2) "Gold Fish" x "NO.1" these are between 8.5 to 9 cm these have very beautiful patterns .
3) "Dark" x "Fine Spots" This is the smallest , only 6 cm . the ones I have are round shape with more white background .
Your flower size reminds me of cross 1 or 2 , but pattern & shape seem to match the 2nd or 3rd crosses (closer to the 3rd)
Those are observation from my limited number of plants (so the information are not solid proof) we have to take in to account that the tags could be put on the wrong crosses as well.

Last edited:
very nice shape and color pattern !
some of my plants are still blooming, most likely years ago collected.
after this very hot and dry season the flowers are between 6 and 7.5 cm.
I posted some pictures recently.

Werner

I'm a much bigger fan of the natural variations of this species, I'm not a fan of flat and round, I don't like it very much

Latest posts

Back