Paph godefroyae x sib

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The photos below are for everyone to enjoy but in particular they are for Chien. The photo is of godefroyae ('King Star' BM/JOGA x 'Gorbacev' AM/OSROC). The first photo was taken shortly after getting the plant early in Jan. of 2006. The plant had a leaf span of 5 inches as it's only growth. I did not take a measurement of the flower. Here is that photo:

644Paphgodefroyaexsib.jpg

Then the first and only growth died (some type of rot). I left it in the greenhouse as I was hoping it would still put up another growth and it did. It is currently in flower on a single growth that has a leaf span of 6 inches. The natural spread is 9 c.m. This is my darkest godefoyae and the one that has given me the most trouble.

Naturally I'm glad it lived but I want the shape of that first flowering back :)

644SecondbloomPaphgodefroyaexsib.jpg

Congrats on the re-birth! I don't blame you. I'd want the first shape too but it could of been the "death" shape:D

It's a beautiful flower! The first flowering looks very cupped.....like it didn't have time or energy to properly open. I'd guess that the first flowering happened when the plant was in a weakened state and once it finished blooming the growth gave up. Congrats on bringing this plant back from near death. However, I suspect that the plant is stronger now and therefore, able to fully open the flower. It looks a lot more flat now and not just half open, like it does in the first photo. I think that as long as you keep taking good care of this plant, it will continue to produce these less round; but, much more flat and open flowers.

:clap::clap: both are nice, yes the shape of the first is WOW but maybe a fluke due to what John said? Are you keeping it? Time will tell!

So you came back from vacation:) Is everything okay in your greenhouse?
The first flower is so great, but those good looking flowers are usually hard to grow. Glad this Paph can revive!

the second photo also tell me, don't give away those not good looking flowers, it may be good before or next time:)

Congrats for reviving it - hopefully it won't get in problems this time again.
I personally would be satisfied even with the second flower.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Back