Paph godefroyae var. leucochilum fma album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another albino family member that is blooming: officially Paph godefroyae var leucochilum fma album
Bloomed first time ever in March this year, now did a second blooming in December

Just for fun... a little mind game:
if a "leucochilum" is a godefroyae with a spotless lip, isn't a "leucochilum album" same as a godefroyae with spotless lip AND spotless petals?
so how could we ever separate a "godefroyae album" from a "leucochilum album" unless you found it nature in an area with only leucochilums.

But I am happy with it whatever you want to call it :)

leuco1.jpgleuco2.jpg

Nice one Dirk.

Besides providence, in my experience the godefroyae albums are bigger plants and flowers than the leucochilum albums (which also has narrower pouch and taller inflorescences).

Another albino family member that is blooming: officially Paph godefroyae var leucochilum fma album
Bloomed first time ever in March this year, now did a second blooming in December

Just for fun... a little mind game:
if a "leucochilum" is a godefroyae with a spotless lip, isn't a "leucochilum album" same as a godefroyae with spotless lip AND spotless petals?
so how could we ever separate a "godefroyae album" from a "leucochilum album" unless you found it nature in an area with only leucochilums.

But I am happy with it whatever you want to call it :)

View attachment 31453View attachment 31454
Loving those creamy root tips.

Latest posts

Back