Paph godefroyae fma. leucochilum OR Paph. leucochilum???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO ... staminodes of all brachys (but especially bellatulum and concolor) are extremely variable.

Woahhh
Has anyone figured out what this is yet? For some reasons the pictures on this post wont load when I'm on the slippertalk site, but do when I'm googling paphs...

I would love to learn more about this little plant. Thanks!

This is nearly a three year old thread. But, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no definitive solution. Since we are horticulturists, not taxonomists, use leucohilum when you see a plant in flower with no spots on the pouch. Personally I subscribe to using godefroyae forma leucochilum. But you can use either and most will know what you are talking about. I tend to follow Dr. Braem's lead on taxonomy. He seem's to really know what he is talking about and we like the same types of beer! Though neither of us drinks much any more. Its been a month or more since my last beer. Maybe next month I'll have another.

No problem, just age, and I found that as I got older, I became mildly allergic to the yeasts and grain in beer, so while I still love the taste and feel of good beer, I get headaches from it, so I found if I just have one or two, I avoid the headache. Distilled spirits, especially when aged 10 or more years in oak seem to avoid this problem. Love my Bourbon. Lately have been enjoying Evan Williams Single Barrel, aged 10 years. My all time favorite was the 2011 release of George T. Stagg, 15 year old bourbon, cask strength. The smoothest bourbon I ever had. I'm sure there are others as good, I just haven't sampled them yet.

Most of my life I subscribed to the old phrase "Excess in all things, moderation is for Monks". My philosophy hasn't changed from that except to include "avoid headaches".

Leo,

I'd advise you to take up golf! I also lost my taste for beer until I started playing. After drinking beer and playing golf for a while, I found that I stopped drinking beer again and started drinking martinis. Go figure!!!

I agree...beer can give me a headache if I drink more than 2. But I find bourbon, which I like, to give me a really bad headache if I have more than 1 stiff drink. That's why I prefer gin, wine and vodka...never a headache, not even from red wine.

Latest posts

Back