Paph. godefroyae fma. alba x philippinense var. roebelenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Posting this one because it is so unusual. First bloom on a very small plant. The bud was damaged- hence the dark spots in the dorsal and slight tears in one petal. A very large flower relative to the plant, and a second bud developing.

Curious to know if anyone else has flowered this cross. I find the plant intriguing, but space is limited- so it will be included in the 2018 Slippertalk Auction lot I am putting together of some recently bloomed plants.

Very nice outcome. These types of breeding lines produce a lot of mutts and deformed mutants, but your plant's flower looks to be much better than average. I'm not really into album paphs, however, this is a case where I think it works out quite well. The flower does look proportionally large. Philippinense was a good choice for this cross, IMHO, to keep the plant size small, to keep it easy to bloom, and for the album potential. And it doesn't appear to have impacted the flower size too much, so win-win!

Thanks for donating this to the auction. I bet it fetches a nice sum for the forum!

Agree. A good outcome. But I would have preferred with color or something really green.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Hmm, if you like it that much maybe I should keep it lol. But no worries- it will be in the auction. This is not in the direction I am looking for future breeding, and so it must go.

David- I am not sure if the philippinense parent was also an alba form. I just know it was marked as var. roebelenii.

NYEric- thanks for the cross name. I will add that to tag.

Wow I love it some one i know has this or a similar hybrid I can't remember what his is.
I'd love to have one of these in my collection

Latest posts

Back