Paph. Gloria Naugle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamlet

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I haven't been here in a while. I've been very busy and my collection has suffered as a result. I lost about ten plants to a spider mite infestation because I noticed it too late (those things always strike in the summer!), which is a lot for a windowsill collection. That experience has negatively impacted my passion for this hobby but I still enjoy my orchids. I had plenty of flowers actually, but nothing I hadn't posted before. Except this one, I like it very much. It´s a big flower, 17cm wide.

p80406357wzpp.jpg

p8040638m9x5y.jpg

p80406585kzfo.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Sorry about the spider mite infestation, but the result with the GN is very nice. Mine budded up last year on two growths but they both blasted so I'm still waiting to see how it compares to yours.

That is about the best I've seen and fits my taste!!
Congrats!
I'm hoping one of mine will bloom this year. Or next year. Or the one after. lol

Thank you all. :)

Sorry to hear about the mites. How did you treat the plants against them? Nice GN.

I rubbed the leaves with alcohol, don't know if that does anything but I did it anyway. Then, after some googling, I treated the plants twice using a product with Acequinocyl, I hope it works.

Rubbing with alcohol or any liquid should help detaching the bugs, if anything.
Treatment for at least two three time are needed to catch those that were missed or eggs.
Good that you got it under control as this is a very nice GN.

Back