Paph. Gloria Naugle - improved,but.....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
I posted a photo of a flowering of this plant in 2021, pictured again here. This year was somewhat of an improvement, no dents in the pouch but still a twist in the staminode. Maybe the third blooming will bring more improvement?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    946.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    924.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I had to wait until it was 5 or 6 growths before it even tried. Even then I had a couple of blasted attempts before it finally did. Interestingly, the last leaf before bud initialization always shows heavy anthocyanin pigmentation.

No dents, yay!!
Did you start with a single growth plant?
For some reason, a few GN I have tried have been very slow grower unlike other roth x parvi hybrids that I tried.
Dollgoldi always grew like a weed for me but without ever blooming. lol
I've had decent luck with Delrosi and Harold Koopowitz.
One Gloria Naugle that flowered earlier this year is working on the new growth but with its current speed, it would be at least two years before it is big enough to flower. That would be good, though. Two years only and blooms again? :)
My other GN that I have kept looks to be in low sheath finally. This one is supposedly a mericlone of the "red" from Taiwan, so I'm looking forward to it whenever the flowers happens!
I think GN is worth keeping as long as it blooms. The leaves are attractive as a houseplant.

As far as I can remember, it was a single growth when I aquired it. It usually sits next to my Iantha Stage and the two of them take up all of the center section of the rack I have them on. The oldest repot date on the tag is June 2003.

As far as I can remember, it was a single growth when I aquired it. It usually sits next to my Iantha Stage and the two of them take up all of the center section of the rack I have them on. The oldest repot date on the tag is June 2003.
OMG, you had it for almost twenty years!!
Has your Iantha Stage ever bloomed for you?
There are some small seedlings (and some other remake like roth x hookerae) on eBay. Cute leaves but I'm not sure if I want to load myself with yet another roth intersectional cross.

Back