Paph glaucophyllum 'Red' x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
I'ts hard to make a determination of this flower......but the markings and colour of the dorsal and shape and colour of the staminode let me tend to say it seems to be closer to P. chamberlainanum/victoria reginae than to P. glaucophyllum. Anyway it's a lovely flower and a nicely grown plant. 👌

Last edited:

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Glaucophllum. The blushish blush on the leaves says it all. Victoria-reginae is green.
Thanks Carl! Let's see if anyone agrees... Every time I post I get a naming controversy.... So I just post as such now... Regardless, it is a beautiful plant and bloom! :) Cheers, almost neighbor (DC burbs)...

Don I

Crown Rot
Reaction score
It looks like it has the waxy bloom on the leaves for sure, so glaucophyllum. But just from the flowers after exstensive research of my 2 plants I would have guessed victoria-reginae.
Don

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like it has the waxy bloom on the leaves for sure, so glaucophyllum. But just from the flowers after exstensive research of my 2 plants I would have guessed victoria-reginae.
Don
Thanks for taking a look Don. I like to have the correct names as much as possible!

Last edited:

Latest posts