Paph glanduliferum var. gardineri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, I love this species! Nice and dark on a compact plant, but doesn’t it go by wilhelminiae now?

'Tis wilhelminae. Now, the cynical me would say that someone at some point thought changing the name would make them sell better...

Yes first flowering 4 growths. 2 mature (one in bloom). I believe 4 years from seeing. I had another that bloomed with two growths 4 years from seeing.
Thanks. I have a couple of single growth plants - looks like they have some ways to go. Do you grow them like Phils or Roths?

Thanks. I have a couple of single growth plants - looks like they have some ways to go. Do you grow them like Phils or Roths?
I have been growing along with my Roths and not along with my Phili thus less light but same temps and same watering and fertilizing. My Phili have bloomed yearly but my Roths have not set any spikes this year but the plants are growing well. I am no expert but by trial and error hope for my slippers to bloom

Helpful to know, thanks.
I have been growing along with my Roths and not along with my Phili thus less light but same temps and same watering and fertilizing. My Phili have bloomed yearly but my Roths have not set any spikes this year but the plants are growing well. I am no expert but by trial and error hope for my slippers to bloom
Thanks - helpful info.

Have you/can you chill your Roths down while maintaining the high light?

It probably depends on the plant, I bought a multi growth, BS wilhelminae several years ago that continued to send up new leads but didn’t bloom for probably 5 more years. It finally bloomed for the first time in 2020, and then again in 2021 (LINK). It probably depends on the plant though, some might bloom on a smaller, single growth. I grow mine on a south-facing window next to my roths, phillie, and stonei - hot in the summer, intermediate with a definite chill down in the winter. All the species have bloomed for me.
Very nice! Is this it’s first flowering? Wondering how big these need to be before they bloom.

It probably depends on the plant, I bought a multi growth, BS wilhelminae several years ago that continued to send up new leads but didn’t bloom for probably 5 more years. It finally bloomed for the first time in 2020, and then again in 2021 (LINK). It probably depends on the plant though, some might bloom on a smaller, single growth. I grow mine on a south-facing window next to my roths, phillie, and stonei - hot in the summer, intermediate with a definite chill down in the winter. All the species have bloomed for me.
Very nice plant and blooms! Good to know that it can be grown right along with other MFs. It looks like they’re more likely to bloom after they’ve had multiple growths. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back