Paph gigantifolium x ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would appreciate some opinions. I just purchased this probable gigantifolium hybrid in flower at a local sale in Florida. It was impossible for me to pass up and my similar hybrids of gigan. X Lady Isabel (Shin-Yi Formosa)
gigan. X adductum (Haur Ji Lucky)
gigan. X stonei (Memoria Joe Levy)
have not bloomed this year.

I think it is gigantifolium X rothschilianum
(Paph Hung Sheng Eagle).
But I am not familiar with David Ott (roths x supardii) size of supardii leaf span/plant.
This is my largest leaf span plant with longest leaf at 27inches/69 cm.
2C2A30F7-8863-4362-A39A-A7EE9A8572EF.jpeg58DDDFB0-3231-4369-833C-3D7890ED70B2.jpeg195ECE20-8024-4171-9281-B70D99FD70B2.jpeg391BB426-2E18-4974-B391-B4B7DD967EBD.jpeg

Strong supardii influence. I had David Ott at one point and it was a more even mix of the two with a red pouch. If roth is in the mix of this plant it took a back seat for influence, maybe a grandparent.

i have one of these seedlings in my 'almost killed it area'.... probably would have flowered this year if i didn't have to hack the majority if its growth from rot... but here's a picture of leaf span... (and also a picture of philippinense x gigantifolium -you seemed interested in gigantifolium crosses - second year blooming still haven't decided if i'm going to keep it... lowest flower has been opening for almost 2 weeks... and it will continue to elongate... from Fred Clarke SVO - 2020 paph symposium in LA)

supardii_x_gigantifolium.jpgphillyxgigant-flower.jpg
phillyxgigant-plant.jpg

Latest posts

Back