paph gigantifolium x anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's almost something menacing about the flowers! They way the petals curl back together at the bottom encircling the pouch. I like it though! I wonder what a cross with a nice wide spreading Roth would look like?

Wow, I'm fascinated!
Have seen that cross for the first time, and it went right to the top of my wishlist!
How long took it to bloom?

Paph Wössner Giganitum. Once again beautiful.
Not sure where you got your name for the cross. RHS has this listed.

I looked up your name for the cross. The pollen parent was straight adductum. In this case anitum was one parent. So you should call it Wössner Giganitum.

Nice plant and flowers.
Kew looks after species names, and lists anitum as a variety of adductum. So Paph adductum var. anitum.
RHS does not listen to Kews advice and looks after hybrid naming.
RHS names gigantifolium X anitum = Wössner Giganitum, while gigantifolium X adductum = Haur Jih Lucky

Wow, I'm fascinated!
Have seen that cross for the first time, and it went right to the top of my wishlist!
How long took it to bloom?

It is long time to wait for blooming. I do not know exactly time. Several year to ten or more. Other plants still waiting. At least six years maybe.

Nice plant and flowers.
Kew looks after species names, and lists anitum as a variety of adductum. So Paph adductum var. anitum.
RHS does not listen to Kews advice and looks after hybrid naming.
RHS names gigantifolium X anitum = Wössner Giganitum, while gigantifolium X adductum = Haur Jih Lucky

Thank you.

Is it right?
gigantifolium X adductum (var. anitum) = Haur Jih Lucky 16/07/2012
gigantifolium X anitum = Wössner Giganitum 29/03/2015

Whatever, it is gigantifolium X anitum.
And it seems that I can not edit #1.

Last edited:
Back