Paph GIANT STONE: select OZ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
PICT0075.jpg

PICT0077-1.jpg

Pacific shamrock x elfstone

An OZ select plant I just got. I really like this cross!

A first time, single growth, summer blooming should only get better.

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0077-1.jpg

Pacific shamrock x elfstone

An OZ select plant I just got. I really like this cross!

A first time, single growth, summer blooming should only get better.

My goodness, the flower is so big , it dwarfs the pouch.

Such a tiny pouch on such big petals/sepal. Maybe next bloom will be a little more proportionate. Lovely color and round shape!

Due to the heat which causes deformities the pouch is slightly deformed. This will dissapear on the next blooming.another reason i like this plant is that it is a first time summer bloomer and still showed an awesome bloom.

The measurements r. Dorsal 12.5 cm. Pw 8 cm. Ns 16.5. Dorsal height 9 cm

Pretty nice for a first bloomer out of season.....The undersized pouch could easily improve on the next blooming and the size could even get larger with a more mature plant.

The pouch is not undersized, it is deformed from blooming in the heat. Look at the second pic you can see how it has dimpled under neath the pouch. It happens with complexes in the summer time

It LOOKS undersized, but perhaps it's because the flower is so big. Also, the camera angle can change the effective perspective of the lip to the rest of the flower. Your second picture shows that effect compared to the first picture.....

Latest posts

Back