Paph Fumi's Delight

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Today's offering
This is a small single growth plant I got from a high energy phycisist who was being transfered from Argon Labs to Sandia and did not think his Paphs would survive the desert conditions near Los Alamos. Neat guy to talk to if you want to tunnel trough metal with a laser beam. Thanks Armon.

Fumi's Delight (micranthum x armeniacum) it is about 8.7 cm horizontal natural spread, visually it is huge compared to the plant. The petals are wavy and have mechanical tearing, which gives it that fringe effect. This might be due to the low humidity I have had from the extreme cold here. Hopefully on a multigrowth plant it will improve. It is good enough that I'll keep watering it.
Enjoy.

with flash
FumisDelight766b.jpg

and under room light only
FumisDelight766a.jpg

Very nice! I assume the first pic is closer to the real colour?

I did not take the time to adjust color in either photo. The true color is midway between the two. The flash picture is too green, the room light is too red due to the compact flourescent, it really is a clean pale yellow background, you would not think green looking at it in person. And yes, the room light image is a close up. Today it has expanded a bit more, now up to about 9.0 cm natural spread, the ruffling is less obvious, except for the tears on the petal edge it is really approaching award quality. Maybe next year if it blooms when the humidity is a bit higher, I won't get the tearing. I think I want to cross it back to micranthum.
Leo

It's gorgeous, either color, but the yellow you describe sounds just right! I really quite like the 'tearing' too - it adds a nice dramatic flair to it with the fringe and I would be sad to see it disappear on the next blooming, so I guess you know who to send it to if it does that again! :)

Latest posts

Back