Paph. Fumi's Delight 'Synea' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am yet to bloom any of my FD. I have a few in bud at the moment, but I'm not very hopeful.
Some of these came into bud two years ago. The sheath never rose above the plant much and just sat there for many months to eventually just dry up and die. Those plants grew very well into a litltle clump and in bud again. No changes in the last two months. Again.
I would love to see them bloom. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying their leaves. Beautiful plants!!

What a beauty! I don't have a Fumi's Delight yet and it's been my "gotta have" list for a while......if only I could find one! Yours is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!

Thanks again everybody.
HappyPaphy7, do you chill your FD? I grow this one at the cool end of my greenhouse where temps get down to 12Ā°C at night in the winter. Sometimes in the summer, they get that low, too. I refuse to put on the heater on June, July, or August.

I am yet to bloom any of my FD. I have a few in bud at the moment, but I'm not very hopeful.
Some of these came into bud two years ago. The sheath never rose above the plant much and just sat there for many months to eventually just dry up and die. Those plants grew very well into a litltle clump and in bud again. No changes in the last two months. Again.
I would love to see them bloom. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying their leaves. Beautiful plants!!

See that's the problem. I have all these parvis under less than ideal conditions and wish for miracles to happen. hahaha
I have mine on the windowsill. The temperature does get down in the 15-10C when it is very cold like minus 5 outside.
On sunny days, it gets quite hot and dry even during the winter and I think this really upset the stable & steady development of the buds.

So, two of the FD that spiked back in 2017 are now sending up additional sheaths and possibly more on the way since they are both multiple growths plants. I would love some flowers on these but I love them for the leaves while waiting for that miracle one day!

The low sitting bud on the first time seedling has not moved for quite some time now. It is sending up three new growths instead.
Not all, but nearly all of FD I have tried have been a very robust grower forming a nice little clump in just short couple of years.

Hopefully at least one of these FDs will make it to flower in the next few months.

Hot and dry during the daytime is a problem for buds. Hopefully you can change that.šŸ‘

I think so. Unfortunately that is something I can't really change. I try and move the budded parvis hybrids away from the window area but during the day time when it's sunny. Or I just cover the plant with sheet of paper.
I had some success with micranthum and armeniacum in being maintaing & allowing them to develop and bloom.
No luck with FD so far. arg!!!

Latest posts

Back