Paph Freckles "Moonstone"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Paph_Freckles_Moonstone.jpg

This is labeled "Moonstone" AM/AOS, but I can't find a record of that award anywhere. Anybody have access to the RHS awards list?

Blooming on a single growth plant. Hopefully it will live.

SlipperFan said:
For a complex, that is really nice. I hope it lives, also. Will you take it to judging?

It says it already has an AM/AOS, but I can't find any evidence of it in the AQ. There are at least ten awarded Freckles already, I don't know if it is really competitive. What I should really do is snap the flower off and get it to grow more, but I keep waiting for the right thing to use the pollen on...

Compared to my other Freckles, it looks like a Freckles and has similar form to the awarded ones. Could the plant possibly have been judged, but then the exhibitor declined to pay the award registration fee?

That was one of my thoughts. I got it from a guy who is a judge, so I doubt it was his award. He would have paid for it. But who knows where he got it from.

littlefrog said:
That was one of my thoughts. I got it from a guy who is a judge, so I doubt it was his award. He would have paid for it. But who knows where he got it from.

I have a similar plant, which I have yet to bloom. It is Paph (Whitemoor x Ravenhunter) 'Orchid Loft'. I bought it from an AOS judge who told me that the plant was awarded, but the owner declined to register the cross. Because of this, the award was never registered.

Latest posts

Back