Paph Franz Glanz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
This is my Paph Franz Glanz (armeniacum x emersonii) - it is a healthy 12 cm natural spread, color is a nice pale yellow. This plant has been relatively free blooming, blooming every other year. That is better than either parent. I find both parents cantankerous infrequent bloomers. This plant is reliable. Unfortunately the dorsal is a bit too narrow, so it will never get a flower quality award, but hey, I like it.

Franz%20Glanz195w.jpg

Any plant that is willing to bloom deserves a spot in the collection.

Leo,
What's the leaf span of your plant and did it bloom the first time on a single growth? I got one from some friends that has recoveried and I think is in the 4inch range. How long do I have to wait, would you quess?

Rick H

:clap::clap: Well done! I know I probably don't have the patience for this one!

Thanks everyone,
Rick H - I bought the Franz Glanz as a seedling in a 2 inch pot. I suspect it had already been out of flask over 1-1/2 years. It took another 4 years to get it to bloom on a single growth. The leaf span was about 9 inches. each leaf being about 4 1/2 inches. Now it is a 3 growth plant, 2 leads and one older growth. For most of its years with me it would only put out one new growth and the old growth would fade away by the time the new growth bloomed. Rather frustrating if you want divisions to sell or if you want to create a specimen plant. About 4 years ago I changed to MSU fertilizer, the old growth has been retained and I now have 2 leads, one of which is this bloom. Cause and effect - not certain, it could just be age and maturity. But the plant keeps getting better. And I do like what MSU seems to be doing for my plants.
Thanks
Leo

Back