Paph fowliei fma christianae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sharing another albino species in my collection that first flowered last september.
I like the fact that absence of colors makes you appreciate the finer details (veins, cilia, warts, shapes) so much more.
I always cut the first flower after it got it's final shapes and curves so the plant can put his full energy in new growths.
Specially the warm dry summers I find brutal for inhouse culture.

slipperorchid11.jpgslipperorchid11p.jpg

Nice points! Looks like a vigorous clone.

Most of mine died in my early orchid career for no apparent reason other than they were weak. Luckily I’ve managed to secure 10 more BS from PaphParadise recently. In fact one (or possibly two) is in spike! So excited 😆.

Another lovely green-white beauty...though the shape of the first one was a bit better, at least in my eyes.

The black bacground shows off the hairiness on the margins of the plant much better than the room background.
Indeed. I clearly prefer the black background because there is no contrast between the flower and the background with the light one. In this case the flower seems to 'drown into the background'.

Dirk, I'm wondering what is more important to flower this plant like clockwork....the vigor of the plant or your culture....maybe the combination of both. 👌
Thank you Rudolf, it must be a combination... great plant genes + a lot of luck :)
I treat this fowliei the same as my other mottled leaf paphs.

Thank you Rudolf, it must be a combination... great plant genes + a lot of luck :)
I treat this fowliei the same as my other mottled leaf paphs.
I have about 3 alba fowleis in spike now. I don’t know what I do differently from growing warm in one location but just happy they are alive and budding lol.

Latest posts

Back