Paph. Fanaticum and friend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two very nice flowers and an extraordinary photo too. Love it.

No, Leslie, there is no conflict between the two of them. We have to get the iconology right - and I rather find, that 'Madonna with child' would be a more appropriate designation! 😉

Jens, I had similar thoughts a least wit regard of the comparison with David and Goliath because these were foes and both flowers on the photo seem friendly united. At least I think so.

Last edited:
well if you decide that David and Goliath was a pre-staged fight (like the WWF)

maybe they are just posing after the fight, right before going to the bar for a few drinks!

:)

(i got your back Leslie)

if you decide that David and Goliath was a pre-staged fight (like the WWF)

Well, it wasn't: .last time I had a look in my bible...Goliath ended up slain - D-E-A-D (as the proverbial parrot in Monthy Python's sketch)!

I really can't spot any murderous intention in that li'l cute and beautifull thaianum. Though, I might be wrong, sometimes looks can deceive, and maybe the photo is in reality a poster for the new film "Murderous Thaianum Nightmare on Elm Street"!

I didn't expect such entertaining reactions when I posted that picture! I can vouch for the friendship between the two of them, although I suppose Fanaticum having its "arm" around thaianum could also be the result of thaianum having had one too many at the bar!! Thanks for the replies everyone. It's been fun to read.

No, Leslie, there is no conflict between the two of them. We have to get the iconology right - and I rather find, that 'Madonna with child' would be a more appropriate designation! 😉
Hehe I only made the reference for size comparison with no inkling of the animosity between the two. 😇

Beers all around!

Here is an updated photo of Fanaticum now that it's fully open. Thaianum decided to stay at the bar :)

Attachments

• 3E7AD997-6B4E-462E-9C23-C25B1719411B.jpeg
    3E7AD997-6B4E-462E-9C23-C25B1719411B.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 7
Here's the entire plant. The bloom decided to face sideways this year. Sorry, I should have taken off those colourful clips and replaced them with something more neutral......

Attachments

• AD399C38-C291-4396-A792-5B86D75B4882.jpeg
    AD399C38-C291-4396-A792-5B86D75B4882.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back