paph fairrieanum 'Raymond Lussier'FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!!! I think I saw it at the Toronto show. Is it the same plant? We gave it 2nd in it's class!!

DSC_0495_zps9d19f606.jpg

I have not seen show but I let them say what was very nice. you have photo exhibition booth Orchidophile Montreal.

Obvious a gorgeous flower. :clap:

But for my taste line-breeding should stop here; it's already losing caracteristic fairrianum-features that make this species so charming! (look the 'damage' that has been done to Phal. schilleriana and even more to Phal. stuartiana... and to a few charlesworthii.) 'Big, flat and round' can't be a common denominator for all!:poke:

This said, I would like to have an entire windowsill of fairrieanums! This one I would place in the middle.

Congratulations Raymond. Did the plant get pulled during the show for the AOS judging? Clearly the folks working the ribbon judging didn't know what they had at the time.
One of note; the right team got ahold of this plant for the AOS judging!

very very nice colour!! but personnaly I don't like the shape... too fat and too flat to me lol

Obvious a gorgeous flower. :clap:

But for my taste line-breeding should stop here; it's already losing caracteristic fairrianum-features that make this species so charming! (look the 'damage' that has been done to Phal. schilleriana and even more to Phal. stuartiana... and to a few charlesworthii.) 'Big, flat and round' can't be a common denominator for all!:poke:

This said, I would like to have an entire windowsill of fairrieanums! This one I would place in the middle.

I absolutely have to agree!

Latest posts

Back