Paph fairrieanum 'Queen of Spades' X self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chuck

This is a first bloom seedling. It seems to be a fairly vigorous plant. It is starting two new leads. The flower is about 6.5 cm tall. The breeding is 'Queen of Spades' X self. It appears to be a near album form but there is a pink blush on the back of the dorsal sepal as seen in the second photo. There is just the least hint of pink in the tips of the petals.

Paphfairrieanum1.jpg

Paphfairrieanum2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get this one from Sam (Orchid Inn)?

I think I got a sib of this plant from him last year. Pastel, but not alba.

It's very nice, and I like the pink tones... i have one the same cross but mine is a color form. I didn't realize they were from a paler strain, but kind of makes sense. Mine is high in spike again right now. Here's my first bloom from last year:

Did you get this one from Sam (Orchid Inn)?

I think I got a sib of this plant from him last year. Pastel, but not alba.

Yes, I did. I have an album form from him also that has not bloomed yet. I like the light ones but would like a darker form as well.

It's very nice, and I like the pink tones... i have one the same cross but mine is a color form. I didn't realize they were from a paler strain, but kind of makes sense. Mine is high in spike again right now. Here's my first bloom from last year:

High and tight.

Nice color but lots of reflex in this flower.

Latest posts

Back