Paph. fairrieanum from OZ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
has arrived today! The packing was great, but the travel must have been rough. The dorsal is broken. At least I know what the flower looks like. :D

This is a lot darker than I thought, and I like it!
The whole thing is only about 8in tall, but the flower seems proportionally large and chunky, which I like.
Also, the plant itself is rather petit, which I also like.
I see three new fans going. :clap::clap:

I kind of wish the spike was super long like some of the others I've seen, but I am very happy with this.
I hope it does well here.

fairrie_zps8kbx3cqb.jpg

Healthy plant!!! just curious to know why you chose ferrianum, you could have gotten anything, hahaha j.k.

I've always wanted one. It's one of the few species I always liked to have.
I am still thinking of getting a compot from Hillsview, but the unusually mild winter seems to be coming to an end here in the east coast, and I do not want to drop $300 on something that might get damaged in the cold.
Plus, I'd heard some stuff regarding the culture of this species, so I'd like to try this one first and see how it goes.

A very nice one! In my experience the stem will get longer over the years. I have fairries with stems tree times as long now as they were at their first bloom two years ago. But the leaves got longer as well.

I love it, I'll trade you my car for it......Just joking. Great pick up anyway.

Dave sarokowsky has got a bunch of really good fearies, you guys should contact him, "paph paradise"

Latest posts

Back