Paph exul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All exuls rot in bark for me! I saw an article on the web where Thais were growing exul similar to this method. Only they were using a native dirt in clay balls.

I have never tried tigrinum like this. I do grow my brachys this way.

All exuls rot in bark for me! I saw an article on the web where Thais were growing exul similar to this method. Only they were using a native dirt in clay balls.

I have never tried tigrinum like this. I do grow my brachys this way.
I do put clay pellets in the bark mix of my brachys. I will modify the mix for my exul on repotting. Thanks for the tip!

This plant is on the top bench with my bifoliate Cats and some strap leafed Paphs. So plenty of light with winter lows at 55F

Thath is curious, I grow mine in bark/pumice/little aliflor and I last repotted 2015, root growth has been very good, perhaps it depend on the kind of bark or different ambient or watering habit, I used orchiata power i think, is the 1,2\1,8 size.

Very nice flower. As to you potting medium pure clay balls didn't work with me. But a mix with broken clay balls and few other component works.

I poured off the top layer of balls so you all can see what's going on. The ProMix is mostly in the the upper half of this 6 inch clay pot. Mostly clay balls towards the bottom. It gets watered every time everything else gets watered.1587334754078478042234717201159.jpg

There is a fine layer of algae forming on the outside of the pot so it's never completely dry.
15873351268196813843347868004274.jpg

Paph.%20exul.JPG
I grow my Paphiopedilum exul in Casuarina bark, and always have a lot of flowers, from the end of winter until

Latest posts

Back