Paph exul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
I last flowered this plant over 3 years ago so it has been a bit of a wait. It did have 2 buds but I found the first one on the ground just as it was opening. I thought I must have accidently knocked it off but did notice a mouse in the glasshouse shortly after.

Paph exul

A cool pic of a great flower, bravo !!!! Jean

Any special treatment to get it to bloom finally? I am waiting about the same period of time already for mine to come up with some bloom :eek: !

A cool pic of a great flower, bravo !!!! Jean

Any special treatment to get it to bloom finally? I am waiting about the same period of time already for mine to come up with some bloom :eek: !

It is funny Jean. I repotted the exul and put it on the bottom bench (a lot shadier) to re-establish. Not long later it put up two spikes. Normally you need to grow it very bright to flower it. Maybe the shock of repotting helped. Hopefully I won't have to wait another 3 years to flower it again.

It is funny Jean. I repotted the exul and put it on the bottom bench (a lot shadier) to re-establish. Not long later it put up two spikes. Normally you need to grow it very bright to flower it. Maybe the shock of repotting helped. Hopefully I won't have to wait another 3 years to flower it again.

:) :) :) !!! Inverse interesting !! :):) !!! Jean

I love exul!
I wish mine bloomed every year. It grows well but blooms yes, every 3 years. Did I read somewhere that they do bloom on 2-3 yr.old growths? Ours seem to be matching that, not something one whould expect from a mini/compact paph.
I have a Tyke in bloom that I'd love putting exul or henry pollen on!

Back