paph exul for sale

Discussion in 'Orchid Vendor Sales' started by orchidsource, Oct 27, 2008.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Oct 27, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone. My name is Rafael Jaramillo. I have been growing orchids for over 10 years. I became and orchid fanatic especially those of paphiopedilum when I met Terry Root. I would like to share some of my plants with anyone interested in cultivating them. I recently purchased some p. exul plants, they are looking very healthy and are growing rather quickly. I also have quite a few number of plants most I have purchased directly from Mr. Terry Root at the Orchid Zone. If you are interested, please email me directly or go to: www.orchidsource.com you will find more information about me.

2. Oct 27, 2008 #2

DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer

Hmmmm......is this legal?

3. Oct 27, 2008 #3

Leo Schordje

Leo Schordje

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom

As long as he paid Terry Root for them, why sure.

4. Oct 27, 2008 #4

Leo Schordje

Leo Schordje

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom

Or do you mean maybe this thread should be posted in For Sale or Trade. That is just a matter of moving the thread .... Heather might be able to do this.

5. Oct 27, 2008 #5

Leo Schordje

Leo Schordje

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom

Duke - I finally went to the website - I see what you mean. I don't know, but I am not going to worry about it - if they are not worried.
    *psst* hey guys, can you say Hangianum? Take a peek

6. Oct 28, 2008 #6

SlipperFan

SlipperFan

SlipperFan

Addicted

Welcome, Rafael.

Looks like we have another vendor. :)

7. Oct 28, 2008 #7

DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer

I was just joking around, I wanted to bust chops...I was all excited to see a P. exul, that was my first paph ever and when I opened it up, it was someone trying to sell plants...oh well

8. Oct 28, 2008 #8

Rick

Rick

Rick

I could always post a pic of last years blooming for you if you just need an exul fix, but mine usually blooms late winter/spring.

9. Oct 28, 2008 #9

Ernie

Ernie

Ernie

Yeah, but everthing on the flask list has been sold or potted up like 16 months ago. Can't wait for an update, and good thing I have an 11 foot pole (as in wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole)... ;)

-Ernie

10. Oct 28, 2008 #10
    Hey you guys, everything of what I have is totally legal. People who get exul paphs are not allowed to export them out of the country. please email me if you have any other further questions.

11. Oct 29, 2008 #11

SlipperKing

SlipperKing

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist

Explain......legal with the hangs selfings and outcrosses??? You have CITES (legal) papers for these plants??

12. Oct 29, 2008 #12
    I understand many people are concerned with illegal collections of orchids all over the world. I am an individual with great respect for nature. For your information, yes, I have CITIES for these orchids. I am not sure how many of you know Michael Ooi, which is who I got these exul paphs from. I am not sure how many of you might recognize Mr. Terry Root's work which is someone I associate it very frequently. So yes, all of what I have in my greenhouses are legal legit plants, nothing stolen or brought in illegal from other countries. I have a lot of seed as well from many crosses I have made and flasking material that I hope to put up for sale in the future.

13. Oct 29, 2008 #13
    Well, exul is legal, and always has been...the question we all have is...do you have legal hangianum? Take care, Eric

14. Oct 29, 2008 #14
    Yes, all orchids are legal, imported flasks directly from Taiwan, most of which are already seedlings.

15. Oct 29, 2008 #15

paphioboy

paphioboy

paphioboy

hehehe...

Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
    Michael Ooi is a Malaysian nurseryman who does his own propagation of paphs and does sell them overseas... BTW, I don't think there's any problem with exul. Its a fairly common species sold in Malaysia and elsewhere.. Hangianum is another matter... :)

16. Oct 29, 2008 #16
    Welcome Rafael! Glad to hear about your good effort. I found very little on the website, don't know if there are tech problems?

17. Oct 30, 2008 #17
    Well, if you have legal hangianum....not to mention the others like tranlieanum, helenae, etc.....we'll be beating down your doors for them! Since you are connected with Ooi, will you be selling P. Ooii? Not sure I actually want it.....but I can see many people wanting it to complete their collections..........take care, Eric

18. Oct 30, 2008 #18
    aaah... this is why i love living in Oz (no toto, it's Oz-tralia).

Here as long as the plants came as propagated plants, ie flasks, or grown plants with CITES certs there are no issues at all.. so we have hangianum, helenae, etc etc..

mind you, I'm still drooling at the quality of some of the plants over there in the states... it might be legal to move it here, but dang it's gonna cost!

19. Oct 30, 2008 #19

Candace

Candace

Candace

The thread has been moved to the sales area as suggested.

20. Oct 30, 2008 #20

Ernie

Ernie

Ernie

You don't say! Well then, post your updated listing and I'm sure you'll be rolling in dough in no time! Exul are nice, but I'm sure folks are waiting to see what your current list has in the way of hangianum, vietnamense, helenae, and tranlienianum and hybrids with them. Can't wait...

-Ernie