Paph. Essay-Maud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
Well. The plant you´re about to see is not a registered hybrid (not even a beautiful flower), but as it´s the second Paph. I purchased it deserves its own thread.

Despite its appearance I care for this plant because it is very forgiving. I use it to pre-test all the changes I do in the rest of my paphs. (new fertilizers, new mixes, new watering schedule...)

Moreover, it has huge flowers and sends long stems (that I love). But those petals are so ugly...:sob:

Has another bud developing (this is the first time it has a second flower in one stem) and two new growths.
Each growth takes almost two years to mature and flower.

Its real colour is closer to the two first photos. I´ve been unable to take a good shot for the third one.

Measurements:
-Flower NS: 12,7 cm
-Stem: 40 cm

I hope you like it after all...

11451647504_fea796ba2e_c.jpg

11451643084_b595da5f02_c.jpg

11452175424_3b11772644_c.jpg

Paphiopedilum Maudiae type

Alberto, you made a joke about the petals, didn't you???
The Maudiae-types are not my cup of tea, but I would never reject this Paph. The light-green petals are nicely contrasting to the dark red color of the dorsal and the pouch.

I like the petals too. Its a nice contrast with the dark colors of the rest of the bloom. Quite eyecatching.

Why are you apologizing for this beautiful flower? Very good color and shape. Unregistered doesn't make a flower not beautiful.

Thank you all.

Alberto, you made a joke about the petals, didn't you???
The Maudiae-types are not my cup of tea, but I would never reject this Paph. The light-green petals are nicely contrasting to the dark red color of the dorsal and the pouch.
No, I wasn´t joking. I don´t like the ocher-green of the petals. I agree with you when you say that colour contrasts to the rest of the flower, but I prefer a deeper green.
Of course I´ll keep this plant. It let me test every insane idea I have about Paph. culture. :eek:

Unregistered doesn't make a flower not beautiful.
Oh, I know! I didn´t mean that. I was only explaining that "essay-Maud" is an invented name, not a registered hybrid (in order not to confuse readers).

Have a nice weekend!

Latest posts

Back