Paph. Envy Green.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
malipoense x primulinum
I've seen some great, and some ugly outcomes of this hybrid. I'm pretty pleased with this one. I like the proportions, and the color. It has only ben open for two days, so it may still change a bit.
It has been on its way about 5-6 months, so it grows a lot like my malipoense. No frangrance. At least four flowers.
48623854648_2363929e4d_b.jpg
48623847588_7233e08f79_b.jpg
48624201656_90eb8bfdf9_b.jpg

Yeah, I agree, these can come out deformed and unpleasant. I've had it on my list to pick up some parvi x cochlo hybrids, but it's the kind of thing where I need to be able to see the plant in bloom before I'm willing to spend money. Either way, yours did turn out reasonably well. The pouch is really lovely and particularly exceptional, and I think the petals have a good amount of tessellation on them. I'd anticipate some fragrance with this cross because both parents are fragrant, but to be honest I can't recall ever seeing one or reading about one that was fragrance. Maybe the scent genes of these two species work against each other.

I, too, think, you could be worse of with this hybrid
- as they would have put it in the native tongue of western Jutland: det ku' ha' wåt wærre...ja, møj wærre en'da! ;)

Actually, I think it's a beautifull flower - and I'm so glad you succeeded in finally flowering it, after the trials and tribulations, you've been through with it. Congratulations, Per!

Btw. yesterday, I deliberately and with eyes wide open took not only one, but two full steps into the Dark Side (i.e. the hitherto forbidden and forsaken land of intersectional hybridization), where you so often tried to lure me, by buying the following plants from Popow - first: phlippinense x leucochilum, and second: philippinense x godefroyae (P. Jennifer Stage, I think it is?!).
Well, they were very cheap and somehow I couldn't resist!

s-l400-1.jpg s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Jens, I looked at both too, but since I'm almost out of space, and want to use the rest for species, I let them go - to you it seems :D €20 each was a good price.
I have a Ho chi Minh in the mail though :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back