Paph Envy Green

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Faan

This plant was on our plant table last night at our monthly meeting. The plant belongs to Roy Swart.
Question: Is this Envy Green?
IMG_3032PaphEnvyGreenLK.jpg

I think Envy Green has more sharp chatacteristics (pointy petals, longer pouch etc) if I am not mistaken! Others might help more! But I am green with envy for the one that has it...:evil::drool::drool:

Paph Envy Green being malipoense x primulinum, this one has IMO a lot to much malipo in it, esp. the pouch does not look cochlo-like at all!!! Jean

Interesting. Not even a hint of that malipo staminode. Could it be prim x hangianum?

Whatever it is, it's awfully cute.

Interesting. Not even a hint of that malipo staminode. Could it be prim x hangianum?

Whatever it is, it's awfully cute.

The red in the lower part of the staminode indicates malipoense to me.

Usually, hangianum is "laundered" as emersonii, not malipoense. ???

It is very nice!

-Ernie

Beautiful, but I would say no, it's not Envy Green. It IS fantastic, and I suspect it's either the next generation from Envy Green, or more likely malipoense x hangianum.

Faan, the second photo of your own plant looks more like the one I used to own. The photo in the original post is the best one I've seen if it is one.

I am a bit doubtful that it is envy green but I'm not 100%.

Latest posts

Back