Paph. emersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
Got this plant from a member here five(?) years ago. This is the second time it has bloomed for me..NS is about 5.5 inches.

Attachments

• DSCN8689 (2).JPG
    DSCN8689 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • DSCN8688 (2).JPG
    DSCN8688 (2).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So nice!

I’m so envious I can’t bloom mine lol.
I have done nothing special for mine...for the last few years, I grow all of my remaining ~25 orchids by the windows for the colder months and all of them spend 6+ months outside under a Japanese maple tree(in a shady spot--facing north). While they are outside, I only water and fertilize them once in a while...this one formed the flower sheath back in Sept., so it is all mother nature doing its job.
My books indicate its culture should be the same as P. hangianum...and you've grown a beautiful hangianum. Perhaps just be patient.

Beautiful! Do you give any supplemental light while your plants winter indoors?

Beautiful! Do you give any supplemental light while your plants winter indoors?
I don't give them supplemental light...they seem to do fine in the winter by the windows....but keep it in mind, those are very large bay windows, ~6X10 feet, so they do let in a lot of light even for the north-facing window. The one facing south has a lot of direct sunlight for the winter months.

Latest posts

Back