Paph emersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

My Paph emersonii is blooming on a short spike. Because 2020. It started to open with no spike at all visible, but luckily the spike got just long enough that the bloom could unfold properly. It bloomed normally on it's first growth 2 years ago.

I got this in flask from Hengduan.

View attachment 23056
View attachment 23057

--Stephen
I’d like to see these leaves periodically. I would like to see if this coloration is a form of variegation. Maybe it’s a loony suspicion from staring at too many Neos. But I keep coming back and looking and this doesn’t look like mineral deficiency to me. Not with that flower, even if the stem was short.

I’d like to see these leaves periodically. I would like to see if this coloration is a form of variegation. Maybe it’s a loony suspicion from staring at too many Neos. But I keep coming back and looking and this doesn’t look like mineral deficiency to me. Not with that flower, even if the stem was short.
If you are talking about the big yellow blotches on the leaves, here are my thoughts: The mineral deficiency most likely not the cause of the yellow markings on the leaves. Under strong artificial light(like HID lights), the leaves will "bleach out", shorter spike.... based on my previous experiences, you should grow Paphs/Phrags under lower light level than what may require in greenhouses, because artificial lights give out consistent light.
Another thing I can think of is Physan20, strong mix will bleach out the leaves like that also (I don't know if Stephen used Physan...)
@Stephen, the flower bud /spike on mine is coming along (so far so good), I will give you an update when it blooms.

Latest posts

Back