paph. druryi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
I've had this for three years. Bought from Popow.
Not sure if it will open more, but couldn't wait to show it 😄

50973755146_832ff43c09_c.jpg

50973860987_381354f499_c.jpg

50973758011_646301d77f_c.jpg

Lovely Paph. druryi and kudos for flowering it. All what I have seen so far is...they won't open more and this is their normal shape. 👍
Unfortunately mine is still far away from flowering, maybe in 2 years time ?

I have it in my basement under LED-lights. It lives together with gratrixianum, esquirolei, Leeanum and a few other hybrids. No heat, a window opened almost every night - not when there's less than -2 C outside. They all flower there. Actually all my plants have those conditions, and most seems to do well.

Wow you bloom under lights! What lights and how much light (in fc)? Watering as usual or dryer? Withold fertilizer? What's the lowest night temperature in winter for them?

I tried with my 3 druryi under high indoor light for few years but no buds. I've bloom esquilorei no problem but this species is an enigma.

So this season I put by a slightky shaded south window to drop to 10-15C nights to see if I can shock them. Just maybe ...

I give it a spot directly under the lamp, because I've read it gets quite a lot of light in nature. it's kept evenly moist, fed year round with normal flower food in about ½ strenght every two weeks, in winter I skip it some times.
I got it as a mature plant, that has been slow growing, but it looks healthy

Thanks for the tip.

Very helpful to get first hand experience from someone who has actually grown and bloom them.

Theorists only continue the rhetoric.

Wonderful, I love that species!
I have just a seedling, there is still a long way to go...

It is very interesting species.I saw two pictures in the past.In the first there was a stone, on the top there was a clump of druyrii with yellow leaves and with many flowers in full sunlight.Even the surrounding grass was burned out....Second pic showed a grass after a running fire and there was a druryii flower without a leaf....I will try to find them.

It is very interesting species.I saw two pictures in the past.In the first there was a stone, on the top there was a clump of druyrii with yellow leaves and with many flowers in full sunlight.Even the surrounding grass was burned out....Second pic showed a grass after a running fire and there was a druryii flower without a leaf....I will try to find them.
Did you ever find these photos?

Latest posts

Back