Paph druryi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suss16

Reaction score
Paph druryi (Windy Hill x self) - first bloom

Paphdruryi041109.jpg

I love the waxy texture, and all the little hairs--somehow they seem like an unlikely cobination--great & intriguing bloom!

I have a small seedling of that and after seeing it now, I really can't wait for it to bloom, thanks..... Jim.

neat.
i've heard they bloom off third year growths. is that your experience too?

from what i've heard of the area where they used to be/are native (i've heard they're extinct in the wild), they grow in grasslands that get more light in the winter than the summer as the grass dies back. this may not be accurate, though....

That's a beauty! I've got two seedlings, and I can't wait to see mine bloom. How big is your plant? Any special hints or tips? :)

I got this plant as a single growth seedling in a 2" pot, Decemember 2006. It is still in the same pot, but put on two new growths last year. I really don't treat this any different than any of my paphs... I only learned that they like it drier and brighter, after it bloomed - good thing, I probably would have screwed things up by giving it what it likes.

very nice bloom!!

Mine is closed to open now.... it needed to get 3 nice new growths before it blooms. I grow it with my Catts.

Thanks so much for the tips! I hope to see mine bloom in the next couple of years!

I don't find them difficult at all. Just give them a little drier period for a month or so in the winter and they're happy. I've heard they like a bit of a cool down at the same time but that hasn't been my experience...my grow room is int/warm year 'round and it blooms like clockwork. They do bloom on third year growth..in fact they don't make new roots on the new growth until the second/third year....so don't be tempted to divide until you have many, many growths. I'll post shots of my plant showing the second and third year growths when it opens the flower.

Latest posts

Back