Paph dianthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I don't seem to have much in bloom these days, so I'm treasuring the few that are in bloom. I have a Paph tigrinum that should open in a day or two, and of course a liemianum that is always in bloom, some fading haynaldianums and stonei, and ...

This Paph dianthum that Heather sent me. Turns out that it managed to bloom, despite the broken spike. If you look closely, you can see the wire behind the bloom that I used as a splint. Just one bloom on the spike, though :)

Paph-dianthum.jpg

It's leaves are a pretty deep green, so I think I'm going to try growing it a little brighter and see if it will produce more blooms on a spike. It's worth a try. All things considered, not a bad bloom.

- Matthew Gore

Ah-ha! Nice to see it made it!

There were two buds, one blasted though in the heat of my kitchen. :(
It definitely needs more light. It had been that green since I got it from Peter Phen in 2004, always darker, and last year it did not get the best spot light-wise, which is one of the reasons I decided to divest myself of it.

Hopefully you will give it a better home than I could. I look forward to seeing its' progress in the future, Matthew. :)

Both are lovely. If the photos' colors are true, Peter's is a little darker. Matt, will your petals twist more as it ages a little more?

It looks as though my bloom is fully developed now, it's certainly been open long enough. I don't know how this bloom compares to past blooms, or how it will bloom in the future, though. Yours looks great Peter!

Matt

Latest posts

Back