Paph dianthum alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed your dianthum and parishii both have fairly small footprints. What's your secret for such compact bloom size MFs? I would welcome more MFs into my collection if I only had the room...or knew the secret to keeping tiny MFs. 😆 Please do tell!

The net pot is 3.5 inches. The plant is 6.5 inches so it is small. I have 4 total dianthum, 2 alba and 2 normal color forms. The other 3 are not blooming but the 2 normals look like they're on their last leaf before blooming.
The parishii on the other hand is not small. It measures 20 inches across in a 4 inch pot. I have a couple more parishii the same size but not blooming. Basically luck. Buy enough and you might get lucky with an early bloomer!

love this bloom, so elegant! I tried growing one over a year ago and lost it! I should try again, perhaps I could succeed😍

I think these are first bloom seedlings and will grow normal large size when mature. But a few will stay compact if they’re genetically inclined like my hangianum ‘Mammoth’. You will only know after 2-3 years of growth,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back