Paph Delrosi 'Florafest' HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Another plant I was having trouble flowering, so I also put it in a basket and hung it up high. It quickly put out two spikes. Unfortunately, on one of the spikes, both flowers were severely deformed.

Paph Delrosi 'Florafest' HCC/AOC

Delrosi%202018.jpg

Delrosi%202018%202.jpg

thats well done and quite good colour
Many or the older clones of brachy X multi (available in Oz) just dont flower or are deformed.
I bought a flask of those Gloria Naugle 'Red' mericlones - growing like wild!!!

What do you think triggered the flowering? Drier conditions? Higher light? Greater airflow?

My guess would be the light. That was the primary reason I placed it higher in the greenhouse. But I guess the other factors you mentioned could come into play. In my old greenhouse I was able to flower these Parvi-roth hybrids with ease. But I have really struggled in my new greenhouse. I’m struggling to work out why.

Great flower! I can see why it was awarded. Mike

When it was awarded it had four flowers on a spike (I wasn’t the owner). Since I have had a division I have only been able to get two flowers. The growths are much bigger this time, so I was hopeful of three, but not to be.

Latest posts

Back