paph delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
My paph delenatii is very faithful, and has bloomed again from a different growth. I think it was in bloom around 8 months or so ago and I was surprised to see it flowering again. It's been flowering for a while but this is the first I've been able to upload pictures.

pdelenatii.JPG

full plant

pdelenatii2.JPG

angled closeup

the edge of one of the sepals is browned, but that is from taking it to our orchid club show table. I pack the plants in styrofoam peanuts and occasionally a flower will have minor damage

the pictures are a bit over-saturated, though it has solid color. for some reason I can open and edit a picture in canon digital photo pro and it looks perfect, but when I open it in photoshop or a web browser, they look overdone.

the pictures are a bit over-saturated, though it has solid color. for some reason I can open and edit a picture in canon digital photo pro and it looks perfect, but when I open it in photoshop or a web browser, they look overdone.

It usually due to the uncalibrated monitor. I use a spy pro monitor calibrator.

Ramon:)

I agree the plant looks extreamly strong an healthy.
Nice long spike and lovely flower.

thanks. now if every slipper orchid i've tried to grow was as seemingly effortless as this one under my lights, then i'd be a lot happier camper! maybe it's the fact that it seems to be fairly resistant to mealybugs. two paph hirsutissimums died last summer because of mealy torture

They may be common, but boy do they grow on you! I have 3 now & how charming they are!

Looks real good, like Rose said they're a nice plant to have in a collection. Jim.

Latest posts

Back