Paph. delenatii x Paph. vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
A continuation of this thread:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2880

Blooming last July:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701

So guys, I suppose it was a bud after all! Also, this is the first slipper I've managed to bloom, and I'm quite pleased. Seems like a lot of people have been blooming these lately, eh?

delvietaz4.jpg

delvietside1xc4.jpg

delvietside2qr6.jpg

delvietside3ot4.jpg

All images taken in my apartment stairwell. I really need to get a DSLR (or at least something with a better macro mode). Thanks for looking.

Nice! Great looking petals on this one... they look larger and less delenatii-like than some I've seen recently. Let us know how long the bloom lasts.

- Matt

toddybear said:
Beautiful shape and colour. I understand these have short-lived flowers...as Matt noted, please keep us informed how many days you get from yours.
I posted somewhere that my Ho Chi Minh flower lasted only 2 weeks. But this year, the first flower dropped off after about 4.5 weeks, and the second flower still looks good -- and it's been open a good 4.5 weeks now. I don't know why the difference, same plant. Maybe because the 2-week flower was it's first.

Anyway, I'm much happier about this bloom.

So does this mean you like pink paphs better than pink phrags?

Maybe you should just start hotpinkorchidsdotcom and cover them all. :)

PHRAG said:
So does this mean you like pink paphs better than pink phrags?

Maybe you should just start hotpinkorchidsdotcom and cover them all. :)

I actually don't have any pink Phrags (besides my 3 fischeri which won't be blooming for a while). I've got to work with what I have!

In July, the blooms lasted about 2 weeks each. If this one gives me 10 days, I'll be happy. It's such a great plant... It has great roots, grows insanely fast (the flowering growth started in september or so), and loves chilling out in really wet coarse CHC.

Zach,
It is a beauty. well form and great color.
Amazing to see the huge differences from first bloom last July and this bloom.
Patience certainly has its virtue.:clap:

Hien said:
Zach,
It is a beauty. well form and great color.
Amazing to see the huge differences from first bloom last July and this bloom.
Patience certainly has its virtue.:clap:

Thanks Hien! You are the one that inspired me to stop referring to this cross by its official name. I like it much better this way.

Eric, tanks for the compliment. I agree, most I see look very delenatii-ish. That's not bad or anything, but I like my pink petals.

This is very pretty. I like these and all that. I have four of them - I posted pictures of one or two of them here. They all bloomed this year and lasted approximately ten days each. For me, that is simply not long enough. They are pretty plants when not in bloom, but I just want something that lasts longer.

e-spice

kentuckiense said:
I decided to take some more photos today.

delvietside4cf7.jpg

delvietlargeub7.jpg

delvietcloseje3.jpg
Gorgeous photos.
Wish I know how to work my camera (I never had a problem with the old non-digital one) This digital thing decides to focus wherever it want, which is most of the times the wall behind the flower:p

Hien said:
Gorgeous photos.
Wish I know how to work my camera (I never had a problem with the old non-digital one) This digital thing decides to focus wherever it want, which is most of the times the wall behind the flower:p

That's why you take dozens and dozens of photos and hope that at least one turns out ok!

Latest posts

Back