Paph. delenatii, when it's time, it's time.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky you!! Hope you can take a pictures with all flowers open at the same time😉

It's that time of the year! :)
Is this one of your old vigorous plants?
I have one in bloom with a tiny flower. It bloomed for the first time last year with the same tiny flowers, but at least fragrant.
and the leaves are extra fancy, which is why I kept it.

Now, my larger plant is showing buds. My album varieties are showing a spike deep in the center of the growth but for some reason these bloomed much later than the colored ones.

I have one in bloom with a tiny flower. It bloomed for the first time last year with the same tiny flowers, but at least fragrant.

Now, my larger plant is showing buds. My album varieties are showing a spike deep in the center of the growth but for some reason these bloomed much later than the colored ones.

The plant I think you're referring to I finally had to break up at its last repot. It was from the original collection in the early 1900's and I've had it since the late 1970's. The one pictured here is from the collection in the 90's. The foliage is larger and the flower is larger and better formed than my original but not as fragrant.

I find that these do better for me when I give them higher light levels than most of my other Paphs. (I.e., closest to the window).

The plant I think you're referring to I finally had to break up at its last repot. It was from the original collection in the early 1900's and I've had it since the late 1970's. The one pictured here is from the collection in the 90's. The foliage is larger and the flower is larger and better formed than my original but not as fragrant.

I find that these do better for me when I give them higher light levels than most of my other Paphs. (I.e., closest to the window).

I think your older clone should be bred into newer ones. It has some great qualities like strong fragrance, smaller plant size, and vigor!

I would like to see your “extra fancy” leaves.

At our last Spring orchid show (MOS Palm Sunday Show) pre-Covid, I saw a lovely delenatii with a golden background to the foliage. I didn't buy it because, like yours, the flower was much smaller than what I am used to. I still regret not picking it up as the foliage was so unusual.

Lovely delenatii, definetely one of my favourite species!!

Latest posts

Back