Paph delenatii vinicolor (dunkel)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjs2nd

Reaction score
This is my new vinicolored delenatii. It's darker then the pictures show but it's not like some of the soild purple ones seen lately. The petals have purple tips and the leafs have a very dark band going around the outside.

It is very compact. Is delenatii usually small? The leaf span is 6 inches.

I've been watering often to keep it moist (every 3 days). It gets K-Lite once a week and Kelpak every 2 weeks. So far all my paphs have really liked this treatment/schedule (i think they were getting to dry before).

Attachments

• Paph delenatii vinicolor 1.jpg
    Paph delenatii vinicolor 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Paph delenatii vinicolor 2.jpg
    Paph delenatii vinicolor 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Paph delenatii vinicolor 3.jpg
    Paph delenatii vinicolor 3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 45
Nice one! Is this its first time blooming? The leafspan on my regular delenatii is 8 1/2 inches.

I'm dying for my regular delenatii to bloom! Last year I knocked both buds off, it would have been the first time it bloomed. Still hasn't even spiked. Last year it spiked on the last day of January.

Did you take this under LED?

About your question on the growth habit. Once they mature, cultural and feeding. They can get big. Around 10 inches for a mature single growth.

basically I grow it for the foliage. I bought one 3 years ago, and it hasn't bloomed yet.
That's what I'm going to do too, which is also why I haven't sold my malipoense, the foliage is just too pretty (and it was a freebie). :)

Here is the best I could do of the underside. It is very overcast (cloudy) here.

The underside of the leaves is very pretty! It's a very dark and deep purple.

Attachments

• Paph delenatii vinicolor leaf underside.jpg
    Paph delenatii vinicolor leaf underside.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back