Paph delenatii vinicolor (Dunkel) seedlings from flask Oct 2009

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphman910

Reaction score
del01_20110228.jpg

del02_20110228.jpg

del03_20110228.jpg

del04_20110228.jpg

They are growing and taking up a bit of space!

Paphman910

I like the patterned leaves and they seem to be doing well. And there's a new growth coming on at least one of them. So Good Job!

by (very!!!) far the best vinicolor plants I've seen. All european seedlings appaer to be 1/4 of that size, and, well, weak, compared to these guys here.

Thank You for the kind remarks!

I grow them under T5HO lights and Daytime temperature of 80-85F and 65-70F during the night with humidity level of 80-90% at Day and 60-70% at night. Also have fan circulating air in the enclosure. They are grown in a mixture of bark, coconut husk, sphagnum moss, charcoal and a bit of dolomite lime added. Fertilize with quarter strength 20-20-20 with Magnesium sulphate and calcium nitrate. Periodic inspection of leaves for pest. I water them twice a week as the medium ALMOST drys out completely.

Paphman910

Question

What distance do you grow your paphs from the T5HO lights and how many bulbs are in each unit?

good question. i am contemplating building a new lightstand with two rows of HO fixtures and am wondering how much vertical space is needed.

Since apparently my last question was appreciated how about sharing with us the wattage of the bulbs and do you use cool white ( for growth i.e 6500K ) or warm ( for blooming ).

Since apparently my last question was appreciated how about sharing with us the wattage of the bulbs and do you use cool white ( for growth i.e 6500K ) or warm ( for blooming ).

I use 6400K cool whites all year round. I use three 24 Watt 2 ft tubes in a 16 x 24 inch area. The seedlings are about 4 inches below the tubes.

To keep the heat high during the day, I use a 200 Watt aquarium heater in a tub of water to bump up the temperature and humidity.

Paphman910

I bought a seedling of this from a well known broker at a slipper symposium 6 or so years ago, I believe it came from Popow, it is finally in bud and still does not look as vigorous as yours. Well done!
Rob

wow, looks like they are ready to bloom :) That's really quick for paph, from flask to NBS in about a year and half! Great growing :clap:

If you need to make space.. I'm more than willing to help take some off your hands...:poke: LOL:rollhappy:

Back