Paph delenatii flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent progress. thanx for the update. How often/what are you feeding them?

I feed them with 1/4 strength of Dynagro. I never use RO water anymore and just use plain tap water. I think they like the calcium and magnesium in the water. I also feed with seaweed but not often. Maybe once or twice a month if I don't forget.

Yeah. I fed them right away when I deflasked them and treated them as an adult path which get fed the same amount and often as the other paphs. My experience with pure water isn't as good when I was watering with tap water so I came back to tap water. The leaves seems to be soft and droopy. The difference was noticeable right away when I switch to tap water. I think its because of the calcium and magnesium in tap water. Dynagro doesn't have that much calcium and magnesium compared to MSU. I just follow Leo's suggestion and not let them go dry to avoid salt build up. I am still unsure what effect would this be on plants in the long run but I have been using it for about a year on some other orchids and it seems to work so I think I'm going to stick with it at least for now.

Great job with the seedlings! They look excellent and show definite growth through the time.
I just bought my first flask too, but they are phals. I decided to start with something that I have more experience with.
Please put me on the list if you ever decide to sell any of yours.
Thanks

Great job with the seedlings! They look excellent and show definite growth through the time.
I just bought my first flask too, but they are phals. I decided to start with something that I have more experience with.
Please put me on the list if you ever decide to sell any of yours.
Thanks

I will think of you when they are ready!

Great results with these compots. Keep it up:clap::clap:

Thanks everyone, I didn't realize they grow quite quickly from flask. I was expecting slow growing so I'm quite pleased with the results.

Nice job eggshells, Very healthy younsters, although they look a bit lighter green than the last pics or is that the light? Also, what kind of bark is that?

Nice job eggshells, Very healthy younsters, although they look a bit lighter green than the last pics or is that the light? Also, what kind of bark is that?

Thanks Stone, It was the lighting. They are planted in a mix of fine fir bark, perlite and charcoal. I think they are douglas fir bark or whatever rexius use for their orchid bark.

Back